Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Flower Hair Clip Tutorial

Ok folks, here goes my first tutorial - an easy one but super cute.  We made these several years ago for my Church's Relief Society Super Saturday - a fun day where a bunch of giggly, chatty women get together and make crafts all day and eat yummy food!  Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

So here we go....

Materials:
Flower - Gerbera daisies work the best
Glue Gun
Glue Sticks
Acrylic Gems - I used 18mm Round Stone Crystals
Alligator Clips
 
Start out by taking the stem off the flower and then pull off the green back part by popping it off the flower.
Then turn it over and do the same to the yellow part or the fake pollen pod.
You will then have something that looks like this.  All the layers are free so make sure you hold on to them or it'll be harder to glue them back together.
Then take your glue gun and starting with the back layer carefully lift each layer and add glue to secure them all in place stopping when you get to the small layers on top.
When you are finished, grab your jewel and glue on the top where the pollen pod used to be - secure in place.
To finish it off, add an alligator clip or headband or whatever you want on the back.
Then put it in your little girl's hair and make her hold still and pose for a picture!  :)
Voila - you're done.  Add it to hair, a bag, a dress, an apron...the possibilities are endless!

4 comments:

  1. hey friend!!! what a CUUUTUEEEE blog!!!! you are perfect for this!!!!! can't wait to get more crafty!!!! miss ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog from The Crooked Curve. I'm going to follow you! Gosh, I always feel like a stalker when I say that! LOL! Stop by and visit me sometime!
    http://songberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tutorial! I have been wanting to do some of these for my little chickie.

    Love your blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna, I so need a tutorial on hair bows! I can do these wonderful flower bows you make, but am in desperate need of help on the basic bow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails